• Captain

Do I need a Boaters License?

Our most asked question. So, we decided to write a post about it.

Well the short answer is NO. But that doesn't mean you don't need to prove your competency. Although strongly recommended, Transport Canada does not require a Pleasure Craft Operating Card (PCOC) for boat rentals. Each rental operator has their own competency requirements and will provide onboard and dockside safety training. This ensures that rentals are accessible to everyone and remain an easy, fun way to get on the water and start boating!

When booking your rental, simply indicate using the dropdown that you require a Temporary License. Then arrive 15-30 minutes before your reservation time and our trained staff will take you through the Transport Canada Rental Boat Safety Checklist. After completing this our staff will then provide an on-water orientation to ensure you are safe and comfortable with the boats operation.

After this you are free to go on your own and enjoy your day on the water with your proof of competency in hand as your Temporary boaters license which is valid ONLY for the duration of your rental. As such, you will need to complete the same process next time and as such we recommend you take one of the many online classes to obtain your boaters license which never expires.

So book today and live the Lake Life without the hassle and expense of owning a boat.

See you on the water!

27 views0 comments